Event Time and Date
This will be a panel discussion on a book entitled "Renewing the Church in a Secular Age: Holistic Dialogue and Kenotic Vision" edited by Charles Taylor, Jose Casanova, George F. McLean and Joao Vila-Cha and published by The Council for Research in Values and Philosophy in 2016.
The volume was based on a conference held at the Gregorian University, Rome, March 2015. Such scholars as Charles Taylor, Jose Casanova, Hans Joas, Louis Caruana, Tomas Halik, Juan Carlos Scannone, Robert Schreiter, Anthony Carroll, Adriano Fabris, Adela Cortina, Peter Jonkers, William A. Barbieri, William Desmond and others spoke at the conference. Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, Francois-Xavier Dumortier, the former President of the Gregorian University and the late George F. McLean spoke at the opening.
Some of the book authors will come to the CUA campus to present the book and discuss the thematic:
- Tomas Halik, Templeton Awardee 2015, the Charles University, Prague, the Czech Republic
- Joao Vila-Cha, Professor of Philosophy, Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
- Philip Rossi, Professor of Theology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Vincent Shen, Professor of Chinese Philosophy, University of Toronto, Canada
- William Sweet, Professor of Philosophy, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
The event will be dedicated to the late CUA Professor George F. McLean (1929-2016), founding director of the CUA Center for the Study of Culture and Values (CSCV).
The panel discussion will be held on Friday March 24, 2017, 10.00am-12.30pm, the Happel Room in Caldwell Hall (100).
The Event will be open to the public. Refreshments to follow.
The Happel Room